MY ANXIETY AND HOW I COPE

Recently I have gone through some very stressful and painful events, this is why you may have noticed my lack of blogging and Instagram and video uploads. So I want to talk about my experience with anxiety, now do keep in mind I am diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety and was on medication for a period of time.

Now depression and anxiety runs through the women on my mums side of the family, so just my luck it didn't decide to skip a generation. Anyways throughout my teen years I struggled with how to treat my anxiety in particular and trust me I still struggle but I have found some ways to cope, but before I share those to you lets talk a little about what my panic attacks are like and how I feel and why they became.

So when I have a panic attack or get anxious it's 90% because there is a situation that I cannot control or I have to make a hard or unnerving decision.  The other 10% of the time I just because I am meeting someone new or going somewhere unfamiliar or i've had a bad dream.

When I have these panic attacks I cry uncontrollably, shake and I feel like I am going to vomit (tmi I know). I usually get panic attacks before I sleep. I rarely get them during the day but it does happen. Now when I just feel anxious it's when I meet new people as I said before but it can also happen when there is confrontation as I usually try to avoid that, then just when there is a crowded place or I feel trapped. I usually just feel like headed and shakey and i feel the need to leave the situation or area immediately and if not that usually (most of the time) leads to a panic attack.

So now that I've rambled on about how my anxiety is and how it makes me feels and things that trigger it I thought I'd tell you how to deal with it, which I feel like this is why most people are reading this.

Anyways how do you deal with anxiety? Honestly you can't rid yourself of anxiety, it's like depression there is a chemical imbalance in your brain. But you can learn to deal with and not control it but not have it as extreme? I don't know how to explain it but I know what I mean.

So one way is medication which for me it did work and help but I didn't like the idea of numbing myself out and becoming a different person. So late at night when I have panic attacks I just put on my favourite cartoon, nothing sad or scary and then I play a game on my phone. During the day when I have my panic attacks or feel anxious and panicked I watch something happy or go for a walk. Tea is also good, I recommend camomile.

So that's my anxiety.. I know this wasn't the most helpful but I thought id shade some things about anxiety. Most people don't realise how serious and crippling this mental illness can be. I hope this helped someone or made them feel less alone.

THANK YOU FOR READING AND HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY/ NIGHT.  


Comments

Popular Posts