IS IT WORTH THE HYPE? MAYBELLINE INSTANT AGE REWIND CONCEALER

So this week I am talking about another highly hyped beauty product which is the Maybelline instant age rewind dark circle eraser. So for as long as i've watched beauty bloggers on YouTube I can never get away from people mentioning this concealer. So I finally managed to pick it up on sale and honestly I was somewhat excited. The reason being is that in Coles and in my car it looked very dark.


So this concealer claims to erase all dark spots and under eye bags. I was defiantly intrigued when I read this because I have really large and dark under eye circles and I can not find a concealer that will cover them.

This concealer retails for $19.95 at price line but you can get it for $18.75 from Kmart. It's on sale quite often but because it goes super cheap it's hard to get a hold of. Now I believe there are three shades which is brighten, light/pale and medium. So not the biggest colour selection compared to other drugstore concealers.

So I picked up the shade light/ pale and I was hopeful as the Maybelline fit me matte and poreless in 110 is such a light and perfect match for me. When I got home from grocery shopping I swatched the concealer and it was super yellow and appeared to be quite dark. I didn't find it oxidised on my hand which is great because nearly every concealer i've tried oxides within the first 5 minutes.


For me this is the slightest bit to dark but it's something I can get away with if blended properly. I feel like it gives me a good medium coverage, very close to full but no quite there. I feel like if you don't have very dark under eye circles this would be fine but for me it just isn't.


The consistency is very thick but it's not uncomfortable and lucky for me it doesn't sink in to my lines which has never happened to me before which a concealer so thats awesome. I so like how you have to twist the bottle to push up the product it's different but I like it.

I feel people who range from a tan to medium skin tone will love this concealer for highlighting as well. I honestly do like this concealer and I am impressed but I don't know if I could spend that amount of money on a concealer again. I can't wait to use it more though and i am very happy with my purchase.

Comments

Popular Posts